Encroachment Permits

An encroachment permit is required any time construction work will be conducted within the public right of way. An encroachment permit assures that City property will not be damaged and, if necessary, proper repairs will be made. Encroachment permits may be obtained from the City of Yuba City Public Works Department. Individuals, companies, contractors, corporations, utilities, and other agencies proposing to conduct any activity within, under, or over the City’s right of way are required to obtain an encroachment permit. Examples of work requiring a construction encroachment permit include excavations, sign, post, and fence installations, equipment/ structures placed upon the street and/or sidewalk, vegetation planting/trimming, driveway or sidewalk installation/replacement, and utility work.

Complete the Encroachment Permit Application and submit with required documentation to the Public Works Department at City Hall.

Encroachment Permit Application
Encroachment Permit Procedure Checklist

Public Works Department
City of Yuba City
1201 Civic Center Boulevard
Yuba City, CA 95993
(530) 822-4626 Front Desk
(530) 822-4694 Fax

Adobe FileMap to City Hall